Is it possible to share pages across spaces with specific versions? Include_Page with version?

James Holloway February 15, 2018

We are trying to utilise Confleunce for our main source of documentation which is across projects and is sent out to our customers. I would like to create a template and structure within confluence to allow the reuse of wiki pages to remove the duplication of page content.

I have Scroll Office to export and am using Comala for page workflows. The template i have works very well and i intended to use the include-page add on to allow me to share content from our main wiki pages to ensure that the details that we have are current \ accurate. Again this all works really well and will save our company a huge amount of time and effort. However there is one major issue, when we publish the document it is transfered to another 'published' space to maintain a version history of the document but the problem i have is that the include-page is a realtime link to the wiki page. If it changes on the wiki, it will then change on all of the published documents. At the point of publishing i need to capture the version of the WIKI page at that point in time.

I have seen other posts on this subject but have no answers as yet and this will be a blocked in using this solution for the business if i can not overcome this significant issue. I am aware that this is a WIKI tool, but confluence is also sold as a documentation creation tool which is where i am struggling.

Any assistance will be gratefully recieved.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events