Is it possible to hide a section from the export?

Florin Haszler _Alten Kepler_ March 24, 2013

Following your examples I would like to hide the subtasks section if there is no subtask available.

What is the right approach for that?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
swany February 3, 2014

Hi Florin,

I have found a strange workaround for this. I put the heading *inside* the "for" loop and then put a conditional around the heading section:

&{for issues|filter=%{'${IssueTypeName}'.equals('New Feature') && '${FixVersions}'.equals('4.1.0')}}

#{if (%{${BulkIssueIndex} == 0})}

NEW FEATURES

#{end}

${Key}

${Summary}

&{end}

This is an actual excerpt from a template I use to generate a "road map".

Hope this helps.

Mark

0 votes
Norbert Janssens March 24, 2013

Hi Florin,

in my tests I am using a notation like the following together with a filter only on standard issue types (no sub-tasks):

&{for issues}
${Key}    ${Summary}    ${Description} 
#{for subtasks} 
${Subtasks[n].Key}    ${Subtasks[n].Summary}
#{end}
&{end}

In the resulting report the subtasks section is empty for all issues without subtasks!

Hope that solves your problem!

Regards
Norbert

Florin Haszler _Alten Kepler_ March 28, 2013

Norbert, yes your approach works if you do not use any headings for the subtask information. What I ment is how I actually hide the headings for empty tables.

Thank you!

Florin

0 votes
Xpand IT Support Team
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

Hi Florin,

We are sorry it is not currently possible to hide sections of a document according to the value of a field.

We have that feature in roadmap, but it does not have a scheduled version right now.

Best Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events