Is it possible to filter/order on worklog attributes ?

I have created new worklog attribute. Is there a mean to filter my worklogs on that attribute ?

In my case I have created an attribbute called InvoiceNr that holds the invoice number to which a worklog is attributed (we mostly fill this field afterwards in Report view, when we bill the client). It would be very handy to be able to filter on a given InvoiceNr to find all related logs. Also it would enable to quickly find which hours have not yet been invoiced.

I could also live with only the possibility to order the table according to an attribute, but alas the attribute columns are not enabled for ordering (why ?).

8 answers

1 accepted

Hi Patrick, this is something we are looking into and I created a feature request linking to your question.

Well I hope this feature will be part of next release. At least ordering should not be a big deal since it's already possible to order the Report view on other fields.

Good point Patrick, let me see what I can do.

Thanks for the feedback,
Viðar

Hi Patrick, if you are talking about the Report view of the timesheet then you will see that it is only ordered by the project name in a descending way. I'm really not sure if there's any way to order this view...

What is the situation with this? I have added also custom worklog attributes which define the type of work logged. I need to filter work based on this to know how many hours certain type of work has been done.

Yes, this function could be useful for many users. If you haven't done yet please vote for this feature request https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT-12

To those interested in this feature, please let us know if you are looking to filter for a specific attribute value or group worklogs by attribute value.

I am looking for grouping worklogs by attribute value. Let's say I have an attribute "Type" and the values are Work,Commute,Meeting. I would want to filter all worklog entries which type is Meeting. If the worklog attribute is a numeric input field, I would also want to see totals counted at the bottom of the report page.

I think both filtering and grouping are useful. Filtering is good if you want to generate a report specific to an attribute value. E.g we we have a field called "Invoice nr". If we could filter on invoice number we could directly generate an "invoice detail" report to join to the invoice. For our company this is the most wanted feature. (having to export to Excel is a costly overhead).

Also we could filter the report view on "Invoice nr. IS empty" to see what still need to be invoiced. We could then pick some worklogs and fill the "invoice nr." and subsequently generate a filtered report on this invoice nr. to have the invoice total.

With a filtering feature you will be able to advertise Tempo as a basic invoicing system which is a great added value (I would be much pleased if Tempo adopts this idea on its own and creates an official "Invoice Nr" field to the worklog attributes).

Note: the filter should accept JQL expressions (not only filtering on a single field).

Use case: some worklogs are "not billable". So I want to be able to filter these worklog out when I filter on a "Invoice Nr. Is Empty". The JQL would be something like "Invoice Nr Is Empty AND NotBillable = False"

I just spent a day billing hundreds of worklogs. Once I had filtered the woklogs using component or version filtering, I wish I had a "bulk edit attribute" option like in JIRA issue navigator, to set all my "InvoiceNr" fields at once to a value, and not log per log.

If Tempo adds JQL filtering on any attribute, adding a "bulk edit" feature woul be very powerful. For example I could filter out all worklogs already billed (selecting only those with "InvoiceNr is Empty") and set all these unbilled worklogs a new InvoiceNr.

If anyone intersted in a filtering on worklog attributes please vote for this feature request https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT-12

It would also be useful if these attributes could be queried via Dataplane and/or Eazy-BI.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

134 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you