Is it possible to export the Requirement Coverage report from Xray

Béla Fricz November 17, 2015

Hi,

in Xray for JIRA plugin you are able to generate a requirement coverage report. But I have not find a way to export the generated report, neither on the GUI or in the REST API documentation. This is important to create baselines of the project.

Is there any ways to export it? Maybe I have just not yet found it.

Kind regards,

Béla

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Conde
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 17, 2015

Hi Béla,

Thank you for using Xray for JIRA.

Currently it is not possible to export the Requirement Coverage chart to a report outside JIRA. However, using the "Requirement Status" custom field also provided by the add-on, you can query Requirement issues and see their test status in JIRA issue search view. You can then generate an Excel with this information.

For more advanced and customised reports, check out the Xporter add-on

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Bruno Conde.

Hi Bruno, thank you for the quick answer! Is your Xporter plugin capable to recreate/generate the same requirement coverage report as on the Xray GUI? The workaround to export everything to Excel and then recreate the same report is duplication what I would avoid if possible. Kind regards, Béla

Bruno Conde
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 17, 2015

Hi Béla, Xporter is not able to generate the chart also. Sorry. Just to be clear, you need the actual Requirement Coverage chart right (not just a list of issues)? Regards, Bruno Conde

Hi Bruno, yes. The chart is the most important part of it, this can be shown to management/customer (as part of the baseline). The details are handled by the project team inside JIRA. But it's a nice-to-have that the list of issues is also exportable directly. Regards, Béla

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events