Is it possible to exclude issues with a certain Component from a timesheet report?

Dave Sammel August 25, 2016

I am experimenting with issues that have a component named "Roadmap". These issues exist in multiple JIRA projects. I would like to exclude these issues from my timesheet, but if I use a filter with the JQL "component != Roadmap" in my timesheet, the gadget takes forever to render (presumably because the filter returns hundreds of thousands of issues). Is there an alternative way that I can go about accomplishing this? Thank you!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Sammel August 26, 2016

Andriy, thank you for your response! I was confusing myself with how I was checking the components. The following JQL seems to return all of the issues that I expect: "worklogAuthor = currentUser() AND (component != Roadmap OR component is EMPTY)"

Thanks again, and have a good day!

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2016

Great, glad it works!

0 votes
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2016

worklogAuthor should return all issues you've ever logged work on, also even other users have logged work on it. May be you can try worklogAuthor alone and see if component makes some issue disappear. Additionally you may use worklogDate clause, if you'd like to include all users worked issues, or limit result to issues recently worked on. Sorry I can't imagine better way than this.

0 votes
Dave Sammel August 25, 2016

Update: I was able to get the filter to (mostly) work by changing the JQL to "worklogAuthor = currentUser() AND component != Roadmap". The only problem that remains is there are certain issues that I have logged work to that are still not being returned by that filter. Perhaps I am misunderstanding how worklogAuthor is used. Does "worklogAuthor = currentUser()" only return issue for which the current user is the only user to have ever logged work?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events