Is it possible to edit Tempo worklog attributes using Tempo API (updateWorklog)?

Roman Dubyk November 7, 2014

Is it possible to edit Tempo worklog attributes using Tempo API (updateWorklog)?

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bjarni Thorbjornsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2015

Hi Roman,

Please note that you need to construct JSON exactly like documented. You have a lot of things in your JSON now that are clearly marked as "ignored in POST and PUT" (example: you should only POST the 'key' and 'remainingEstimateSeconds' in the 'issue' object). You also need to validate the spelling of the parameters, uppercase/lowercase etc. It all matters.

You need to contact Atlassian to get the logs from your Cloud instance but I recommend that you start your own local JIRA instance while you are developing your application. That will probably save you a lot of time. See here for details: https://developer.atlassian.com/index.html

Hope this helps,

-Bjarni

Roman Dubyk July 16, 2015

Hello Bjarni, You were right. It works. Problem was in serialization (uppercase/lowercase). Thank you very much. Roman.

1 vote
Roman Dubyk July 1, 2015

Hello Bjarni,

Thank you for reply.

Yes, I understand that it is server side error and therefore asking Tempo to help. 

Please let me know where server logs can be checked? (it is JIRA/Tempo in the cloud). Is there somewhere web interface to access logs?

I don't use Atlassian REST browser, just do request according to specification: http://www.tempoplugin.com/doc/timesheets/api/rest/7.12/. I can read worklogs successfully, but not modify.

Thank you,

Roman.

0 votes
Bjarni Thorbjornsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2015

Hi Roman,

"Server error 500" means that something went wrong on the server side. Please check the server logs.

Also: are you using the Atlassian REST browser? It is a good tool to browse and experiment with the REST APIs.

Best regards,

-Bjarni

0 votes
Kristin Hreinsdottir [Tempo] May 4, 2015

Hi Roman

in Timesheets 7.12 we released a new Worklogs REST API: http://www.tempoplugin.com/doc/timesheets/api/rest/7.12/

Does this new REST API fulfill your needs?

Kind regards

Kristín

0 votes
Roman Dubyk November 10, 2014

Thank you, Susanne. Clear.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2014

Hi Roman,

this is not possible in the current version of Tempo but we are working on improvements of the API so this might be available in the future. The existing updateWorklog API is only for synchronization and verification of worklogs with an external system.

Kind regards,

Susanne

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events