Is it possible to create a JIRA issue when you have a scheduled event?

Hi there...I've searched the forum and have not been able to find an answer on this.

I have successfully created multiple email automation's w/in Insight and cannot for the life of me get the "Create JIRA Issue" to work. 

I am the project lead of the Configuration Management project so I am able to create JIRA issues.

I've tried deleting the email notification and only leaving the "Create JIRA Issue", and I'm still getting nothing.

Is this working for the Insight team? Am I missing a step? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Create Jira issue 1.PNG

1 answer

0 votes

Hi!

What I would recommend is to enable the automation logging which is covered in our documentation at https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-manager-s-guide/insight-automation and look at the log says. The log is plaved in the jira home directory, where the atlassian-jira.log is.

I think that there may be some validation preventing the issue from being created. It could be that there is some mandatory field that can't be set by the automation as one example.

Best Regards
Alexander

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

412 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you