Is it possible to create Jira boards by code (e.g. ScriptRunner)

Chedomir Dimitrovski June 16, 2017

Hi All,

I am currently working on merging two JIRA instances into one and so far we have a good progress. What is left for us to merge are the JIRA boards (Scrum or Kanban) and as there are over 500 boards, I want to avoid creating the boards manually.

So my question is, if there is a way to use code for creating the JIRA boards (for example to use the ScriptRunner Console)?

I used the ScriptRunner Console to get a list of all filters from the source instance, and import them in the targer instance, so I am now searching to find a similar way to do that with the JIRA boards. Any methods that I can use are welcome.

Thanks,

Chedomir.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2017

Hi Chedomir.

In this list, you will find a few questions in the community with content relating to what you are searching for. The main issue I think you had is that Jira names that package greenhopper, and that is quite hard to find. 

Change sprint value by groovy script

This shows that accessing sprint managment through REST might be easier than through groovy

This last one goes through how to find sprint IDs and how to edit sprints through the greenhopper API.

If you do not find these helpful, let me know and I will demo for you a simple script.

Cheers and good luck!

Dyelamos

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events