Is it possible to add issues which are due in x days to structure?

Ralph Lebinger October 29, 2015

I have set up 2 filters in my structure. 

The first one adds all new issues that are assigned to me which, as expected, works fine. 

The second one was supposed to add issues that are due in the next 4 days which have been created and removed from the structure some time ago. I have a lot of recurring issues that I remove from my structure for better usability. I wanted this synchronizer to check my issues and add them back into my structure so I don't accidentally overlook them.

From what I understand this does not work because the filter synchronizer only runs when an issue is changed. In order to get this to work I would have to do a manual resync. 

Is there a way to

a) automatically trigger a resync every day

or

b) get this effect in any other way?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2015

Hi Ralph,

Sory for the delay in responding. There's a scheduled resync plugin here - https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/API+Usage+Samples - which should do the trick.

Please note that the plugins on that page are just examples of what you can do with the Structure API - as such they're not supported or guaranteed fit-for-purpose so please test in staging!

Cheers,

Robert

Ralph Lebinger November 15, 2015

Thanks for your answer. After installing the add-on and clicking the "Scheduled Resync"-button I get an error saying "Sorry, we had some technical problems during your last operation." The first row of the stack-trace looks like this: "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.almworks.jira.structure.scheduledsync.StructureScheduledResync.isHasPermission(I)Z" It looks like my user doesn't have the permission to manage scheduled resync which should not be possible since the permissions are set to "Anyone with Control access to the structure ". Should this add-on work with jira 7 which ist hosted on a server of ours?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2015

Hi Ralph, Let me check on compatibility and I'll get back to you shortly.

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2015

Hi again Ralph, It appears to be a compatibility issue, I'm going to see if I can get it updated and I'll let you know the outcome. Cheers, Robert

Ralph Lebinger November 16, 2015

Hi Robert, thanks for taking so much time trying to help me out.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2015

Hi Ralph, You're very welcome and I apologise for the delay, all our resources are allocated to Structure 3.0 right now so it took a while to get someone to attend to this. The new version is scheduled-sync-0.5.jar on https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/API+Usage+Samples Please let me know how you get on, and thank you for your patience! Best, Robert

Ralph Lebinger December 15, 2015

Hi Robert, thanks for letting me know about the update. I have installed it and it works perfectly. Cheers, Ralph

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2015

Thanks Ralph! Glad we could help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events