Is it possible to add a custom HTML page in a plugin?

Jackson Farnsworth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2017

I'm creating a plugin for JIRA Service desk that will modify the portal. Currently I can add a web item on the drop down that will link to another page in the portal by appending the link-id to "myJiraInstance/jira/servicedesk/customer/portal/".

Is it possible to add a custom HTML page like "newPage.html" to the plugin so that the link will go to this new page at "myJiraInstance/jira/servicedesk/customer/portal/newPage.html"? 

If so, how would I add that HTML file so JIRA knows where to find it?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2017

Hello, you can create a servlet plugin with html output and redirect to the servlet from your web item. You can read about servlet modules here

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/servlet/

Jackson Farnsworth
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2017

Thank you, I'll look into that to see if its what I need

Like vishal goyal likes this
vishal goyal April 3, 2019

Hi Alexey/Jackson,
Can you please share your script code i have a plugin which actually calls a iframe script and show chat bot, it work fine under dashboard but same thing doesn't work for customerServicedesk portal, but same script works when i manually run the script on console of servicedesk portal.
I am not able to understand what is blocking from JIRA to upload the chatbot plugin under servicedesk portal.

Regards

Vishal Goel

MailTo:-iiswasweblogic@gmail.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events