Is it forced to use "Epics" as a backbone or can I use manually input steps as a backbone columns?

Hi! Providing that the story map is being created using a set of "backbone" columns, not necessarily reflecting Jira "Epics" structure, can I define somehow or input manually the column names& groupings?

E.g. if there is a backbone structure in place (on paper), there is a different epics structure, and I would just like to use the plugin only visualize the concept from the paper using jira user stories...

If impossible, how would you advise to visualize the map?

Thx!

Jan

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Jan, thanks for reaching out.

Easy Agile User Story Maps uses the Epic issue type provided by Jira Software to represent customer activities on the backbone. You can read more about our thoughts and philosophies on this in this blog post.

We use the Epic issue type so that we can link between Epics and their children Stories. This means that you can use the Epic Reports that Jira Software provides to understand progress. It also means that you can see the children stories on the view Issue page.

Thanks Jan.

Kind Regards,
Seamus Kieran
Easy Agile Support Team

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 9 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

53 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you