Is it Possible to add "Watcher Custom Field for JIRA " plugin in cloud JIRA

Siddesh S V December 29, 2016

Hello ,

I am a ITAdmin in my organization, we want to have this feature in our cloud JIRA platform, but "Watcher Custom Field for JIRA " is not supporting in cloud JIRA.

Is it possible to provide this plug-in in Cloud platform also?

Thanks & Regards,

-Sidd

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2016

You've answered your own question.  It's not supported.

I don't know if the vendor is planning a conversion.  From my understanding of the structure of Cloud, it's not possible to add such a field as a Connect add-on, so it's not possible directly, but I suspect that you could write something that would do roughly the same thing with a normal user-picker field and a couple of Connect listeners to update it.

Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 1, 2017

Atlassian Connect has recently added basic support for custom fields for Atlassian Connect add-ons: https://developer.atlassian.com/static/connect/docs/latest/modules/jira/issue-field.html

I don't think that it yet supports user pickers but the Add-on developer should be able to build most of their functionality using Atlassian Connect (if not all of it). 

@Siddesh S V you should reach out and contact the add-on vendor directly to make this request.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events