Is Commit Acceptance plugin woprking in JIRA 4.2.6?

John BouAntoun April 25, 2013

The marketplace page says it's compatible with JIRA versions up to 5.2.11 but I am only on 5.2.6.

I have copied the commitacceptance-1.6.0.jar to the lib folder in my JIRA install and I'm getting the following error message in catalina.out:

Error retrieving dependency of class: com.atlassian.jira.ext.commitacceptance.server.action.AcceptanceSettingsManagerImpl. Missing class: com/atlassian/jira/config/properties/ApplicationProperties

Is this a compatibility issue with JIRA 5.2.6 or some other error?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

Hi John,

The latest Commit Acceptance plugin should be compatible with JIRA 5.2.6 instance. I have also reviewed the plugin page in the Marketplace, and I understand that the plugin is of the version 1 plugin. Hence, the plugin needs to be deployed in the $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib directory.

Therefore, may I know if you placed the plugin in WEB-INF/lib or in $JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins directory? If the plugin is deployed under the home directory, then can you kindly try to move it to the WEB-INF/lib directory, and see if it helps? Note that a restart is required when installing the plugin.

I hope that this will help.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2015

Commit Policy Plugin replaces Commit Acceptance, it is maintained and supports all recent JIRA versions, and can be installed / upgraded with a couple of clicks.

Try it free via Atlassian Marketplace.

0 votes
John BouAntoun April 25, 2013

Hi Ahmad,

It would seem the plugin was placed in $JIRA_INSTALL/lib not $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib.

Moving to this directory fixed it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events