Invalid value while set field options dinamically in behaviour validation script

Mayorov Alexander February 5, 2015

Good day,

I have a question about adding field options to SELECT control by using validation script in behaviour plugin.

On create issue screen I have SELECT that I filled by using result of filter query (script below).

But then I try to press "Create" to finish adding new issue, validation message is appearing:  

Invalid value 'xxx' passed for customfield 'selectfield'. Allowed values are: key1[1],key2[2], -1

Allowed values - values, that we set in custom field settings, but not values that we added dinamically.

imports ...

// find fields
FormField formComponent = getFieldById(fieldChanged)    	// field
FormField formSelect = getFieldById("customfield_11703")   	// select

// find issue list by filter result
def user = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()
def ctx = new JiraServiceContextImpl(user)
def searchRequestService = ComponentManager.getInstance().getSearchRequestService()
def searchProvider = ComponentManager.getInstance().getSearchProvider()
def sr = searchRequestService.getFilter(ctx, 12800)
def searchResult = searchProvider.search(sr?.getQuery(), user, PagerFilter.getUnlimitedFilter())
def issueManager = ComponentManager.getInstance().getIssueManager()
def issues = searchResult.getIssues().collect {issueManager.getIssueObject(it.id)}

// add issue list to form select (to make dinamic result)
Map fieldOptions = [:] 
def index = issues.size() - 1;
for ( issue1 in issues ){
    def name = issue1.getKey()
    fieldOptions.put(index as String,name)
    index--;
}
formSelect.setFieldOptions (fieldOptions)

How to avoid/change validation to avoid this?

Or how to set new fiels options to select custom field to avoid this error?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2015

You can only restrict the list of options with a select or multiselect. The map you provide should have keys which equal the IDs of the Option objects. The values can be any string though.

It will be possible to do this in the next (or next + 1) version. Right now though for whatever option ID you set, that needs to be a valid option for the field.

Mayorov Alexander February 5, 2015

Thank Jamie for your involvement! May be have any ideas how can we put a single select field of issue list returned by filter on a creation issue screen?

Vyshnavi Reddy April 4, 2018

Hi Jamie,

I have the same issue, can u please explain me how to map the keys with the IDs of option objects.

Thanks in advance.

0 votes
Mayorov Alexander February 6, 2015
Vyshnavi Reddy April 5, 2018

Hi Oleg,

I am not able to configure the custom fields in the Query issues custom fields plugin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events