Integration of code review process with the User story workflow

Alok kumar Singh April 22, 2012

Is there any plugin for Integration of code review process with the User story workflow.

2 answers

0 votes
Oleg Efimov December 13, 2017

Please take a look at Smart Review for FishEye/Crucible and Smart Review for Jira plugins -- it allows to create reviews on Jira transitions automatically and fill reviews with relevant content based on Jira issue key.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2012

The general practice is to have the 'No Open Reviews' condition for the workflow associated with User story to prevent from closing if there are open reviews.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-JIRAsbuilt-inconditions

Alok kumar Singh April 23, 2012

yes u r ryt Renjith.....but I have been given the same requirement....I am not getting how am I supposed to do.....as u can't add a custom field in the workflow....

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

It's not a custom field. Firs you have to make your Crucible and Jira instances to talk to each other, set the project relations and then in your workflow pre-condition for userstory this condition have to be set. Check out the link below.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CRUCIBLE/JIRA+Integration+in+Crucible

Alok kumar Singh April 23, 2012

yes Renjith....the Application link and all, I have already configured, even I am able to create review from Jira.....i can see the Reviews tab for any particular issue linked.

But the thing is I want something similar when yo select a project in Jira>Review, on the rihght side there is something "Search Crucible"......I want the similar thing to attchach with Issue workflow.....sir plz suggest something....I tried writing plugin using Rest services but it's not working, I am a fresher and lone Jira Developer in my company......

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2012

Alok, I am bit confused, what is your actual goal? Are you looking at having a workflow in Jira issue which creates a review or do you want to search Crucible from Jira issues? I am a bit lost reading your explanation.

Alok kumar Singh April 26, 2012

Look Renjith, when u go to any development task and in the workflow when the status changes to "Start Code/UI Review" , post function should trigger and he should be able to start the code-review(of course with crucible).

I have written the post function, but the thing is in the method getVelocityParamsForView() I am not getting how to implement Rest Services.....

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2012

I guess Google will help you a lot in consuming REST services from Java, it's the same with Crucible. But I am not sure how the authentication will be handled towards Crucible, since you are running in the context of Jira while consuming the REST services.

Alok kumar Singh May 8, 2012

Yes you are right Renjith, for now I have dropped the plan of creating this plugin, after lot of research I found out that Crucible works on the changesetID we submit. What I was trying to do is to trigger the code review request from the Jira workflow, which is not possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events