Integrating JIRA and IBM Connections using AppFusions plugin

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

Hi all,

Up to now, my information is all from the demo video.

I still have some questions around the AppFusions plugin and hopefully someone can share his experiences with it.

1. Can we display streams from multiple JIRAs in one/multiple widgets ?
  2. What is displayed in the activity stream? The same as if i click on the user activity stream in JIRA?
  3. Is it really necessary to have each user provide the JIRA credentials? Isn't it possible to have some kind of trust relationship between JIRA and IBM connections?
  4. Can the installation really only be done by AppFusions?
  5. Is it just a IBM Connections Add-In or do we require to install a JIRA plugin as well?
  6. ... more questions might come up ;-)

Regards,

Dieter

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

Hi Dieter

On your questions:

1) If the JIRA are application linked together, yes you can get multiple JIRA streams.

2) The stream is similar to what is shown in JIRA now - for IBM Connections 3. The integration is going another whole level with IBM's latest IBM Connections 4 with alot more features, in prep for IBM Connect 2013. We are working with IBM directly on this.

3) We will not back-work the Connections 3 integration, because there are many better features afforded via 4. Yes, the Trust relationship is the plan.

4) For the Connections 3 version, the plugin is priced, and the (minor) service is gratis included, simply to ensure success.

* With IBM Connections, we are not assuming plug and play at this stage. It's not always that simple in large network deployments where the admins have not assumed default config settings.

* However, that said, with every iteration of our integrations we get closer and closer to plug and play - and that is always our goal. Simplicity. With mixed systems, can't always assume that however.

5) Both sides are required at current. May change later.

The current integration is relatively simple - requiring artifacts on both an IBM Connections and JIRA side -

Other questions - contact us direct.

I would assume that a customer would have questions, and best access is through our front door (info@appfusions.com) and can set up a call/meeting wrt status of currents and futures.

Best,

Ellen

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2012

Hi Ellen,

Thank's for your quick and detailled answer :-)

I might get back to you with further questions since i'm currently evaluating different ways to integrate JIRA and IBM connections.

Regards,

Dieter

1 vote
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2013

Here's a recent video on this - with IBM Connections and IBM Sametime.

http://youtu.be/YdHtj0ymMqY

Feature development continues, but shows you some directions on where the integrations are going - bringing together large and small systems into a cohesive end user world.

==

Contact us at info@appfusions.com if you would like to deploy in your Enterprise!!

0 votes
Elizabeth April 11, 2015

Read threaded comments for latest links, videos.

0 votes
Elizabeth April 11, 2015

This has evolved some more for IBM Connections v5 and JIRA and also supports Confluence, Bamboo, Stash now too. info@appfusions.com for trials. Active development continues as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3q0x6KG8qk

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

Also have Confluence now (and rest of suite on request) - and starting active customer trials!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events