Installing (not even actually using in the space) Adhoc workflows breaks Zen foundation site (content areas show blank)

Daniel Varela Santoalla November 28, 2012

Ad hoc Workflows version 3.3.3

Zen Foundation version 5.2.4

Using "breeze" brand.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2012

Hi Daniel,

Ad hoc adds css code that hides much of the content in Zen. You'll need to disable Ad hoc to prevent this currently. We do have a patch in the upcoming 5.2.5 release, which also has support for Ad hoc Workflows (by enabling Zen to turn off its publishing model). If you'd like a pre-release version to give a try, please send email to support@stepstonetech.com.

Daniel Varela Santoalla November 29, 2012

Thanks a lot Darryl. We are evaluating Confluence for our new website and we will likely need Zen and AdHoc so this is very good news. I will write to support indeed.

1 vote
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

Unfortunately Ad hoc Workflows 4 removed an important component Zen relies upon, but Comalatech was kind enough to publish a patch.

We have updated our instructions on http://www.stepstonetech.com/display/help/Configuring+Zen+for+Ad+hoc+Workflows, which also now refers to Comalatech's patch at: https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/AWP/Zen+Foundation+Integration

Also, please note there is a bug in Zen (which will be fixed in 5.2.9) that requires the admin to disable drafts and publishing in the Zen settings at the space level, not just the site level. This is also documented in the updated Zen instructions above.

Apologies for the confusion!

0 votes
SWARAJ ARYAN March 17, 2013

hey i am using zen 5.2.7 and adhoc 4.0 ,bt many adhoc features are not showing there......like task ,approval are not showing even i am not able to add them,.......anybody cn give me the ans.

thnzx in advance for the answer....

Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events