Insight reports with eazyBI

Luciana Weidmann April 4, 2018

Hi,

I have this issue when trying to get a report of the Insight scheme on eazyBI: I have some attributes (e.g.: Owner) that are common to all objects, and I need a report with all the objects and those common attributes. The issue is that when importing the data, each attribute is imported as an individual one, and I can't have the report I need, because instead of a table I get a matrix with the objects and the attributes for each one of them, when I think I should get only one attribute with the value for each objects.

Is this correct?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
Daina Tupule eazyBI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2018

Hi Luciana,

eazyBI imports Insight attributes as unique for each Object. We cannot detect that different attributes are the same. Alexander mentioned it already. 

You can use a calculated measure to address different attributes based on object type:

case cast ([Measures].[Object type] as String)
when "Monitor" then [Measures].[Object Monitor Owner]
when "Mobile" then [Measures].[Object Mobile Owner]
when "Laptop" then [Measures].[Object Laptop Owner]
end

The formula above will retrieve Owner for Objects Monitor, Mobile, and Laptop. 

All three objects have an attribute Owner in Insigth and I imported them as properties into eazyBI.

Daina / support@eazybi.com

Henk Smets February 12, 2021

Is this possible in the cloud version of jira?

Daina Tupule eazyBI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2021

We just recently released support for Insight (Asset) custom field import into Jira issues cube. You can import Asset type custom fields and their attributes and analyze issues linked to assets. 

We have plans to support Insight data analysis in Cloud as well. While we do not have an exact timeline for this yet. It has a high priority on our backlog. We will update the status on this here.

Henk Smets March 15, 2021

Thank you Daina, we're really looking forward to this.

Daina Tupule eazyBI
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2022

We recently added the Insight data import for cloud customers. You can build a new cube for insight data in-depth analysis. 

See more details on how eazyBI supports Insight in our documentation:
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira-apps/insight-asset-management

With this, eazyBI supports both JSM Insight custom fields data analysis in the Jira issue cube and in-depth Insight data analysis in the separate cube.

1 vote
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2018

Hi Luciana,

I will also answer here, as it may help others, but I know you got answers from our internal service desk at Insight too.

Based on the description, it seems like you should get in contact with the vendor behind EazyBI, as the issues seems more related to how they process the information from the insight fields and how to use their add on. As such, it's out of our hands how the data is presented there. If there is something that we can do about it, I would suggest that they get in contact with us if we can give them any additional information.

From Insights perspective,  each Owner attribute from the different Object Types is a separate attribute with its unique id, not the same for all object types. Even if you have configured this attribute to be the same in all of your object types, Insight has no knowledge of that.

The difference is if you have inheritance enabled in an object type structure, then the id for that attribute is the same in that structure for all object types descendants.

Cheers!
Alexander

Luciana Weidmann April 9, 2018

Thanks Alexander! I'm already in touch with the eazyBI support.

Regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events