Insight referenced object field to auto-populate all values based on object selection

Eric Collins March 6, 2018

What is the best method for updating an Object's Referenced attributes when updating through a JIRA issue? 

I am using Insight Documentation as a guide but unable to get it to work. 

My current setup: I have a Service Desk where users enter product information. A post function creates the object. Another Request Type is Product Update. This is where users would update information about a previously selected product. They select the Product Object and enter their changes in the appropriate custom fields (There are a mix of custom fields: text, and insight custom fields) . I need a post function to update the referenced product with the information entered in the update workflow.  

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

Hi Eric,

As we have released a new version as of just a few minutes ago, the link for the documentation has changed to https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-advanced-usage-guide/insight-for-developers/groovy-scripting/groovy-script-examples/post-functions/update-object-attribute

There is no built in post function to update an object (but there is one to create new objects added in 5.4!), this needs to be done using groovy scripts, like the example you refer to. If you feel like you need help on that, I would recommend you to get in contact with one of our partners, who can help you with the configuration of your environment, and the creation of the script. For more information, take a look at https://riada.se/partners/

You can also create an feature request for this post function at jira.riada.se which is our open environment.

Best Regards
Alexander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events