Insight questions: Add-on tab, Opening issues, custom atributes, Linking issues

Carl Wiedebaum January 21, 2018

Hi, 

I'm testing how Jira + insight would fit to our organizations needs and I have few issues that I need some clarification: 

1. I have the Insight up and running, but on my Jira project the Add-on tab is empty:

Would it be possible to get some sort of "mini connection" to insight in this view ? So that the agents do not need to bounce between the Jira Project and Insight schema when they are searching for related information ? 

Jira Addons tab.png

2. Is there any way that I could open new Jira ticket from the Insight view? When the service desk agent goes insight to check the history of the machine to gain some insight about the issue at hand, it would be convient to open new issue right from the issue history and have the object pre-selected instead of going trough the whole referenced object tree. 

Also - If I make labels for each device the barcode points to the insight Object view. so it would be convince to read the barcode -> check the machine history -> open new issue. 

Insight object tree.png

3. Is it possible to create custom attributes for the Object tag? Bellow you can find the current attribute list - and what I would like to achieve is custom field that has the values of Note machine manufacturer and serial number and that field is used as the tag. 

4. When I'm creating new issue and linking it to previous issue. Is it possible to get some insight object data to this list? (picture bellow). Now when connecting the issues - I first need to go to the insight Schema and search the device, then note the issue number, go back to the ticket creation and choose the right issue. 

Linking issues.png

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2018

Hi Carl,

1. Would it be possible to get some sort of "mini connection" to insight in this view ? So that the agents do not need to bounce between the Jira Project and Insight schema when they are searching for related information ? 

What is displayed on this tab is the objects in Insight, that has an attribute of type project, that is set to this Project. It's not listing the objects selected in custom fields in this project, just so that it's clear what's expected.

If you want to see what Insight objects that are connected to Jira Issues, there are different solutions.

One example is on the Issue search in JIRA to search based on the Insight custom field.

In Insight it's possible when you are looking at specific object types to search based on if the object has an jira issue connected using the connectedJiraIssues() function which is covered in https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-user-s-guide/iql-insight-query-language

2. Is there any way that I could open new Jira ticket from the Insight view? When the service desk agent goes insight to check the history of the machine to gain some insight about the issue at hand, it would be convient to open new issue right from the issue history and have the object pre-selected instead of going trough the whole referenced object tree. 

It's not possible to open an issue based on an Insight object, where an custom field would be preselected with that object.

I would like to recommend you to visit https://jira.riada.se which is our open ticket system for feature requests and verified bugs. You can view, watch, vote etc for issues reported by anyone.

If you can't find an already opened feature request for this, feel free to create a new one.

Is it possible to create custom attributes for the Object tag? Bellow you can find the current attribute list - and what I would like to achieve is custom field that has the values of Note machine manufacturer and serial number and that field is used as the tag.

3. Is it possible to create custom attributes for the Object tag? Bellow you can find the current attribute list - and what I would like to achieve is custom field that has the values of Note machine manufacturer and serial number and that field is used as the tag. 

As it's implemented today, only one attribute can be used as the label, but any text attribute can be used. As mentioned in the previous question, feel free to add this as a feature request if you can't find one already created.

4. When I'm creating new issue and linking it to previous issue. Is it possible to get some insight object data to this list? (picture bellow). Now when connecting the issues - I first need to go to the insight Schema and search the device, then note the issue number, go back to the ticket creation and choose the right issue. 

This is not possible, it's basically the same for any field, they won't get populated based on an linked issue.

Best Regards
Alexander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events