Insight/JETI: Sending related objects and their attributes

Johannes Buverud
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2018

We want to use JETI to send Insight object information, but we need also need to send related objects values and the related objects other attributes.

It looks like this is not supported: https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-advanced-usage-guide/atlassian-app-support

In our case we have a User object which is related to a Site object. We need to send both the User-Name (possible) and the related Site-Name (not possible) and the related Site-Adress (not possible).

Is this a feature we could expect being supported soon?

4 answers

1 vote
Johannes Buverud
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2018

Hi Tibor,

The problem is not fetching custom fields from the issue, I get both the custom field and the corresponding attributes of Type=Default.

The problem is fetching the custom fields related objects and the related objects attributes.

Janos Laki April 12, 2019

Having the same problem. Have you received any response from Tibor since about a year ago?

1 vote
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 20, 2018

Hi Johannes,

I'm Tibor from META-INF the vendor of JETI.

JETI Email Templates can render practically any custom field types in the email. Some customers have problems with the formatting of the complex Insight fields but you can test your templates and verify if the formatting is clear and acceptable or not for you.

Therefore I recommend you create a test email template, add the Insight custom fields and test it using the built in Test function.

Regards,

Tibor

0 votes
kahn chang October 10, 2019

We having the same problem,and may be more complicated. We have a lot of insight objects, we want to display the names and attributes of each object at the same time, like: "tomato, red", "asparagus, green"...

kahn chang October 11, 2019

已发送邮件 2019-10-11 18-19-04.png

We solved this problem by displaying object attributes after object names.

0 votes
Marina Veselić July 12, 2019

Hi!

I need samo help regarding the JETI suggested velocity template for custom fields (the link from original post).

The lines in the Edit template page (text form) :

#set($insightCustomField = $!customfieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_10501"))
This is the custom field: $insightCustomField.toString()

#set($objectBeans = $!issue.getCustomFieldValue($!insightCustomField))

#foreach( $objectBean in $!objectBeans)
    $!objectBean.getLabel()
    #foreach( $attributeBean in $!objectBean.getObjectAttributeBeans())
        #foreach( $attributeValueBean in $!attributeBean.getObjectAttributeValueBeans())
            $!attributeValueBean.toString()
        #end
    #end
#end

This produces the next result:

This is the custom field: Customer Request Type

The name of the Insight field is ok, but the values aren't listed. We would just want the value ("Name" atribute (string) of the Insight object) to be listed.

I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious. 

Cheers,

Marina

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events