Insert 'Last Comment' variable into Customer Notification

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2017

How do I insert the last comment on the issue on the "Request Resolved" customer notification? When a customer gets the email saying their issue has been resolved along with their satisfaction survey, I would like the last comment made by the agent to be included on this email. I am able to do this on other custom transitions with the Java Worflow add-on, but on the built-in Jira "Request Resolved" notification, what is the variable I need to insert? Screenshot attached. Thanks

Variable.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2019

I realized the last comment email notification automatically gets "appended" to the resolved notification - I am guessing since these two actions happen at the same time, Atlassian combines the two into one. So, this solves my problem.

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2017

Hi Tiffany,

The Managing Service Desk Notifications knowledge base article provides the changes you can make via the UI in JIRA to the notificaitons.  You may want to take a look at Possible to get comment in velocity template? for additonal assistance with this.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events