Increasing session timeout

Paul Hardaker March 21, 2016

Hi there,

I'd like to update your plugin to increase the session timeout, our users are complaining bitterly about this sad

Looking at your code, if I increase the expireAfterWrite value, should that do the trick?

public class OpenIdAuthenticationHandler implements AuthenticationHandler {

final Cache<String, String> cache = CacheBuilder.newBuilder()

.maximumSize(10000)

.expireAfterWrite(2, TimeUnit.HOURS)

.build(new CacheLoader<String, String>() {

@Override

public String load(final String key) throws Exception {

return key;

}

});

I understand from the terms of the license that we are entitled to fix issues and build our own version to install?

Thanks

Paul

7 answers

0 votes
PawelN May 15, 2016

Sorry, I don't have any. Still wasn't able to figure it out.

0 votes
Paul Hardaker May 12, 2016

Hi @Pawel Niewiadomski - any further update on this? It's still a significant problem for our users.

0 votes
Pawel from HeroCoders
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 27, 2016

Unfortunately I wasn't able to fix it so far. I spent a lot of time reading JIRA and Tomcat sources and don't understand what's going on. In my tests session-timeout from web.xml was correctly influencing the session.

0 votes
Paul Hardaker April 25, 2016

Hi @Pawel Niewiadomski - any update on this?

Right now we have 500 users complaining quite strongly about repeatedly being logged out of JIRA all day long.

Thanks

0 votes
Pawel from HeroCoders
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 23, 2016

Sorry I cannot give you any specific date as I don't know how long it will take me to solve it. But I guess it will be a week or two.

0 votes
Paul Hardaker March 22, 2016

Hi there,

yes session timeouts is the problem, we have about 500 users complaining they have to keep re-authenticating several times a day.

It would help if we were able to advise them of an ETA for a fix, when you say soon, do you have a rough idea of when?

Many thanks

Paul

0 votes
Pawel from HeroCoders
Marketplace Partner
March 22, 2016

So I assume that the problem is that JIRA session timeouts and they have to re-authenticate again? Is that the problem you want to solve?

In this case changing this cache will not solve it as this is used only when you are authenticating.

I plan to address session timeouts soon if that's what you're asking about.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events