Incorrect progress bar updates when logging time over the weekend

Jan Croker February 19, 2013

I think there is a problem with the 'logged work' indicators on a GANTT bar, when the logged work extends over a weekend (without weekend working).

e.g I created an issue (sub-task type):

13 day duration , starting today (20th Feb to 8th march).

Logged work = 10days ---> the progress bar is only showing 9 days.

Is this a known problem.?

I can attach screen shots if needed.

Thanks,

jan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

Hi Jan,
sorry for waiting a bit, but I was looking on the screenshots you have provided and could not find any problem for quite some time. But now, I get it: it's a conceptual mis-understanding and the Gantt-Chart plugin works fine as designed.

The progress bar graphically represents the percentual progress of an issue over the full length of its gantt-bar: 77% in your screenshots (10 logged working days / 13 estimated working days = 77%). The number of pixel being colored as progress bar to reflect this 77% of calendar days including weekends look like graphically almost identical to the duration of 9 working days, but this has no semantical relationship!

Regards,
Frank

Jan Croker February 25, 2013

Ok Frank, thank-you.

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

Yes, please attach a sample screenshot and what Gantt-Chart version you are using.

Jan Croker February 19, 2013

Hi Frank,

Is there a bettre way to do this? - Sorry the images are a bit big! Hope you can see them ok. One is the resultant display the second is the Work Log from the Gantt bar.

Gantt Chart plugin version is

Version:2.2-JIRA5.2-UPM2.8.1

Work log:

Jan Croker February 24, 2013

Hi Frank,

Have you managed to see bug with 'logging time over the weekend'? Any progress?

thanks,

jan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events