Including Custom Field Value in Another Custom Field

Hello All,

I have been facing a problem regarding using a custom field's value within another custom field when I try to send a notification email. Let me write my scenario:

1- I want to write the issue type in the subject of the email, so I used the field injection and got %{10014} for issue type. So my final subject looks like this : "Issue %{00014} requires your action sir" and it maps to the following when the mail is sent : "Issue Invoice-Credit requires your action sir"

2- Now, I tried to create a custom field named "mail_subject" for example, and I put its default value = "Issue %{00014} requires your action sir"

3- Then, in the mail subject instead of writing the whole sentence like in point 1 . . . I just put the custom field "mail_subject" because it now contains the entire sentence.

4- The problem occurs now, because what appears in the subject when the mail is sent is exactly this "Issue %{00014} requires your action sir" with the %{00014} also displayed instead of being mapped to its actual value (Invoice Credit).

That is what I need to do exactly, but I do not know how a custom field's value can be used within another custom field.

Thanks in advance and appreciating your help.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,302 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you