Including Custom Field Value in Another Custom Field

Khaled Hassan January 18, 2018

Hello All,

I have been facing a problem regarding using a custom field's value within another custom field when I try to send a notification email. Let me write my scenario:

1- I want to write the issue type in the subject of the email, so I used the field injection and got %{10014} for issue type. So my final subject looks like this : "Issue %{00014} requires your action sir" and it maps to the following when the mail is sent : "Issue Invoice-Credit requires your action sir"

2- Now, I tried to create a custom field named "mail_subject" for example, and I put its default value = "Issue %{00014} requires your action sir"

3- Then, in the mail subject instead of writing the whole sentence like in point 1 . . . I just put the custom field "mail_subject" because it now contains the entire sentence.

4- The problem occurs now, because what appears in the subject when the mail is sent is exactly this "Issue %{00014} requires your action sir" with the %{00014} also displayed instead of being mapped to its actual value (Invoice Credit).

That is what I need to do exactly, but I do not know how a custom field's value can be used within another custom field.

Thanks in advance and appreciating your help.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events