Included pages do not display

Greg Rose February 8, 2013

Using the standard include page macro with scroll versions produces mixed results. Sometimes the included pages appear, regardless of version no.; other pages do not work; a message appears indicating the included page cannot be found. What am I doing wrong?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tobias Anstett _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2013

Hi Greg,

Scroll Versions bundles an extension to the standard include macro which is called include+ . Only the include+ macro is able to resolve the correct version of an included page. I think this explains the 1st of your described results.

The other issues might be related to standard include issues tracked by Atlassian such as CONF-24785. With the introduction of allowing special keys such as % / @ : in Confluence page titles the standard include macro was not adopted... As the include+ renders the resolved page version using the standard include macro internally, the macro is impacted by almost the same issues. However Scroll Versions already bundles a fix for ':'.

I am not sure if my answer point you to the right direction... so it might be a good idea to contact the support team (support@k15t.com).

Cheers,
Tobias

0 votes
Greg Rose February 8, 2013

Thank you Tobias, I think you are saying that I should use the include plus macro and not the standard page include, and that I should avoid any special keys in page titles except for ':'. Is that right? I have sent a request to support team regarding trouble with the include plus macro; it is not working at all; produces a 'error loading children' message.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events