In Zephyr pressing enter sometimes doesn't work

Laura Weber June 22, 2014

I have been using Zephyr for a while now to create my test cases.

It happens quite often that after working on the same test for a while to add, remove and copy test cases, pressing enter adds a # to the url and jumps to the beginning of the test.

You then have to refresh the page to get the enter in the test step or expected result.

Is this a bug that can be solved in a future version?

3 answers

0 votes
Laura Weber August 3, 2014

Hi Emily,

Thank you for your reply. When it took a while to get an answer I decided to post the bug somewhere else.

Your colleague Swapna Kumar Vemula has been able to reproduce the issue. I am not sure if it will be resolved in a future release, but hope it will, because it can be quite annoying.

If you would still like to troubleshoot this issue yourself, these are the versions I am using and the steps to reproduce:

1: I create a new test

2: I enter 3 test cases

3: I clone the 2nd test case

4: I press enter in the cloned 2nd test case. You will now see that a # has been added to the url

We use Jira version 5.2.11

We use Zephyr version 2.2

I both noticed this in Chrome (version 35) and Firefox (version 30)

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Laura Weber

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2014

Hi Laura,

We were wondering if we could get some additional information from you to further troubleshoot:

1) What version of Zephyr for JIRA are you running?

2) What version of JIRA are you running?

3) What browser and its version are you using?

4) Is it possible you can send us a screen shot of what you should see and what you are seeing that is incorrect?

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
Patrick Schneider July 15, 2014

We encounter this bug also, not only in test cases.

Opening a bug ticket and trying to enter an comment, pressing enter does nothing (no line break).
Closing a ticket via Workflow and pressing Enter in the comment area redirect to a screen, saying that a unspecific workflow couldn't be started.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events