In Structure, group by Fix version shows archived versions

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2018

In my structure I have the following: 

Add sub-tasks

Group by Fix Version/s

Insert issues: project = "projectname" AND issuetype != Sub-task

I get results in 5 buckets (each bucket is a Fixversion. 

3 of these fix versions are Archived. Why do they show up and how can I not see them?

thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Vlad Lessage
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2018

Hi Nari,

Thank you for your post.

The functionality you’re inquiring about is a known Jira limitation. There is an open request to address this and I encourage you to vote and comment on the Atlassian ticket:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-10692

For now, I can only recommend that you use the Filter Generator to either only show issues in the "Non-Archived" FixVersions or conversely not show issues in the "Archived" FixVersions. I understand it may not be the most convenient method, but unfortunately, it is the only workaround available within Structure to resolve this problem.

Please feel free to contact us if you have more questions or if you need further assistance. I can be reached directly at vlad@almworks.com or you can email our Support team anytime at support@almworks.com.

Best Regards,

Vlad

ALM Works

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2018

Hi, thanks for your help. So you mean that I JQL filter the archived versions out of my query? Like 

Insert issues: project = "projectname" AND issuetype != Sub-task AND fixVersion not in ("archived-version-number1", "archived-version-number2") , correct?

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2018

My suggestion above is a good work around for now. 

Vlad Lessage
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2018

Hi Nari,

Very sorry to have missed your responses. 

You are absolutely correct but I think you already know that since it did work for you :-).

Please feel free to reach out to me directly at vlad@almworks.com or email our Support team at support@almworks.com if you have any additional questions.

Awesome avatar, by the way!

Best Regards,

Vlad

ALM Works

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events