In Confiforms, how to validate a page/blog field?

fbunting March 29, 2019

In Confiforms, I am using a Page/Blog type field.  It is not a required field, and I want to ignore it if empty.

The field works beautifully when the person filling the form uses it properly.  If they start to type a page-title, it finds the Confluence page for them.

I want to detect the case where a user incorrectly just pastes a URL of a Confluence page into the textbox.  If the user does this, I'd like to display a validation error.  This error can display either immediately, or at the time the form is saved.

The problem is that Confiforms seems to render any invalid entry as a null-string.   So in a validation rule, I can't distinguish between an invalid entry (where I want to display a validation error), and the user just leaving the field empty (which should not produce a validation error).

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2019

Yes, that is true - ConfiForms operates with page/blog post IDs and when a non-existing page title is typed it does not set the corresponding page id (remains empty as when the user has not typed anything).

fbunting July 12, 2019

In other words, there is absolutely no way to do what I'm trying to do ... flag an invalid entry, but ignore an empty entry?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events