In Automation Lite how to check 'where User is not an Agent' ?

Nathan Vanderhoof December 15, 2018

I am trying to make a Rule in Automation Light that updates some fields on the issue when people who are not Agents comment on an Incident.

(I don't want to just check where they are Customers, because perhaps they where a customer of the incident, and received an email notification, and then they were removed as the reporter or particpant.. but if they reply to their old email notification I still want to fire the automation...)

I've tried the condition 'where user is not in group jira-servicedesk-users' or whatever and it doesn't seem to work, the automation is firing for my agents...

Any help appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2018

Hi Nathan,

You should be able to use the 'User condition' in Automation for Jira, to check if the "User who triggered the event" is a customer:

user-condition.png

The option to check if a "User is a customer" will only be available if you are defining this rule in a service desk project, or as a global rule in global admin.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Andreas

Nathan Vanderhoof December 17, 2018

Andreas,

I'm sorry, I should have said that I tested that and it doesn't work, unless the external user is the reporter or participant. If they are not, the condition does not trigger. (see the sentence in parenthesis in my original request).

Any other thoughts?

andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

Hi Nathan,

Sorry I missed that. Strange, that condition should work as I posted it above.

Can you please raise a support request with us via https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1 and include a screenshot of your full rule configuration (as well as what version of Automation for Jira you're on)?

Cheers,
Andreas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events