Improve UI in Custom Listener configuration page

WojciechW November 17, 2017

Hi,

I have found a couple of issues around custom listener creation/configuration and display areas which probably are minor, nevertheless a bit frustrating.

Currently I've got a single Custom Listener defined for more than 20 projects out of 100+ available. It is difficult to use select box to choose which projects need to be connected to custom listener. It would be good at least to provide the same component as in case of event types, where you would select and add projects one by one, without worrying that you would accidentally unselect them all. 

If there are too many projects selected, listener panel on summary screen becomes quite a long component, exceeding default Jira page space. This makes link to edit, delete and logs invisible unless horizontal scroll is used.

There is also a bug in selected events list - All Issues Events is not listed on summary page despite being selected.

Last but not least... any chances there would be an option of  keeping all listener configuration in the listener's code itself, in order to be able to benefit from keeping everything in a single location under SCM?

Keep up doing fantastic job! Lots of people appreciate it.

Cheers,

Wojtek

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2017

Hi Wojtek,

First of all thanks a ton for the feedback. Really appreciate it and I think is to the point.

So regarding the issue with the select list for the projects: Agree 100%, makes perfect sense.

Listener panel gets too long if  too many projects selected: You are absolutely right.

Issues Events is not listed on summary page despite being selected: True, we have to fix it. 

Regarding your last paragraph. You can create a scripted plugin and keep in there all of your listener's configuration (it will be in a .yaml file) .

I created an issue and added it to our backlog - SRJIRA-2550, please watch it in order to be updated regarding it's status. You have to sign up in order to be able to comment on it, if you want please raise an issue through our customer portal and I'll take care of it. 

Thanks a lot & regards, 

Thanos

WojciechW November 29, 2017

Thank you Thanos

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events