Importing issues from CSV file

salman_kagzi June 11, 2014

I am importing a set of issues from a CSV file. In the Jira project to which I am importing, it has a Database Custom field which is configured and working as desired. This field also has child fields which works of it.

When importing issue I am unable to map a CSV column to this field. i.e. I cant just find this field in the Jira field list on the Import -> Map Fields page.

What am I doing wrong here?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2014

Hi Salman,

Please let us know what Jira version are you using, as well as what version of the Jira Importers Plugin.

Note that before version 6.1 of Jira Importers Plugin you were not able to import custom field types from third party plugins: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JIM-787

Kind Regards,

Alex

salman_kagzi June 11, 2014

Jira importer version was 6.0.1

After updating it to a more recent one, I was able to import into these fields. Thanks for that quick response.

Although, after a sucessful import when I view the issue, the Database child fields are not updated. Is that the way it should be? or am I doing something silly here?

Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2014

Do the database information fields import correctly? Is there any error when perfroming the CSV import?

salman_kagzi June 12, 2014

The setup that I have is 1 Database field and 3 other Child fields which depend on the 1st field. I am only importing the first field from CSV files and was then expecting the others to be visible when I open the issue pages.

So short answer to your question is, the First field was imported correctly from the CSV.

After th import, when I opened the issue page simply activated an inline edit and saved it again brought back the other 3 child fields and populated & showed them correctly on the page.

Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2014

The database child information fields are not calculated fields, so their value must be explictly saved on issue.

The calculating behavior for the child fields on the view issue screen when inline editing a parent database field is a custom feature.

If you want to import child fields, you have to select them also during the cvs import operation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events