Import live changes from MS Excel into Jira

I was using TFS (MS team foundation server) from my previous company. I can update all the tickets using excel alone. We had a plugin that can manage to render all columns and their fields from TFS to excel. And thru that, we modify status, time etc. from the excel sheet. By saving the excel sheet, it automatically imports all the changes to the tickets instantly.

Is there something like that (plug in or feature) in jira? I prefer to use excel for mass updates.

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

1 answer

2 votes
Alex Christensen Community Champion Jun 21, 2017

I've never heard of an add-on for JIRA for this functionality, but there is JExcel if you have JIRA Server (not available for Cloud), which makes the issue navigator in JIRA behave sort of like an Excel spreadsheet. Links below:

JExcel doesn't always work with other JIRA add-ons, so I would definitely install on a test instance first if you can. We evaluated this add-on awhile ago, but it was in beta and didn't work with some of the custom field types from other add-ons, so we don't use it, but it might be an option for you if you're used to using Excel!

Thanks Alex! Lemme try this. It might suffice the need. :)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

118 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you