Import live changes from MS Excel into Jira

Rebo Lopez June 20, 2017

I was using TFS (MS team foundation server) from my previous company. I can update all the tickets using excel alone. We had a plugin that can manage to render all columns and their fields from TFS to excel. And thru that, we modify status, time etc. from the excel sheet. By saving the excel sheet, it automatically imports all the changes to the tickets instantly.

Is there something like that (plug in or feature) in jira? I prefer to use excel for mass updates.

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

1 answer

2 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2017

I've never heard of an add-on for JIRA for this functionality, but there is JExcel if you have JIRA Server (not available for Cloud), which makes the issue navigator in JIRA behave sort of like an Excel spreadsheet. Links below:

JExcel doesn't always work with other JIRA add-ons, so I would definitely install on a test instance first if you can. We evaluated this add-on awhile ago, but it was in beta and didn't work with some of the custom field types from other add-ons, so we don't use it, but it might be an option for you if you're used to using Excel!

Rebo Lopez June 22, 2017

Thanks Alex! Lemme try this. It might suffice the need. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events