Implementing Jira Service Desk Cloud as ITSM tool

Gabriel Viger October 15, 2018

Hello Atlassian Community,

I am currently working on a proof of concept to implement Jira Service Desk Cloud as our ITSM tool and I would like to get your opinion on which add-on/solution to implement based on 2 requirements:

1. Dynamics fields.

On the end-user form (SD customer), I need an add-on/solution that would allow me to show additional fields based on a first selection.

Ex.: If I choose phone, I would like an other section to appear with another set of choice such as Smart Phone, Desk Phone, etc.

For this requirement, I found the following add-on:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215833/proforma-forms-custom-fields-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

2. From choices selected on a multiple checkbox custom field (or any custom field), automatically create and assign sub-tasks based on those choices.

For this requirement, I found the following add-on:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215460/automation-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6820/scriptrunner-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

---------------

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback!

Gabriel

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2018

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your question. 

I can answer from a ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud point of view how the plugin can help to achieve your requirements but will be unable to comment on the other plugins you mention as I do not have any experience using these other plugins myself. 

For part 1 I can confirm that ScriptRunner for Jira cloud cannot dynamically show and hide Jira fields based on the value of other fields. The reason for this is this as that is provided by the Behaviours feature in Jira Server and we are unable to implement this in Jira cloud. This is due to the differences in the API between Jira Server and Jira Cloud and more details on this can be found on the documentation page located here.

For Part 2 I can confirm that you can use the Create Subtask post function provided by ScritptRunner for Jira Cloud which is documented here to achieve this requirement and create a subtask when an issue is transitioned. You can add a condition on this post function inside of the Conditions code box to only create the subtask when a checkbox field has a certain value.

Alternatively, you could use a script listener as described here with a script to detect when a checkbox field is set on an issue and to create a subtask when this happens.

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers.

Regards,

Kristian

Gabriel Viger October 17, 2018

Hi Kristian!

Thank you for you detailed answer.

I will mark this question as accepted for sure but I want to wait for other answers.

Unless this has no impact on the visibility of my question?

Thanks again!

Gabriel

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2018

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for the response and I am glad I was able to help.

Please feel free to mark this accepted once you have recieved further answers if you feel that my answer was correct.

Regards,

Kristian

0 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 6, 2019

Hi Gabriel,

According to dynamic fields, I recommend you to try our app Extension for Jira Service Desk. Using Dynamic Forms, your customers can "built" forms during filling in. Next fields will be presented after previous selections. Please read documentation to learn about rules which you, as a project admin, can configure. 

For your second requirement, we don't have any solution yet, but we're working on this app, so stay tuned!

Cheers,

Kate

Gabriel Viger January 8, 2019

Thanks will do :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events