Image rendered on News page is not being resized

Deleted user February 18, 2019

Hi. I'm new to the News add-on (cloud version) and have found that the images rendered in the News page tiles are not resizing. Is there any way I can fix this? If not, the add-on is unusable. Also, can I control the color of the blog title text displayed in the tiles?

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user February 18, 2019

I suspect it is a different problem as the image is not being resized. The original image is larger than the tile and only a portion of the image is displayed. Unfortunately I don't have a screen shot as the page is no longer available. I changed the Home page to a different page and the News page disappeared. Is this a bug or intentional behaviour?

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2019

This is probably a result of the image size/ratio and the fact the app applies the CSS property background-size: cover to the image. It would be great if you could email me some sample images for me to review.

Re: I changed the Home page to a different page and the News page disappeared. Is this a bug or intentional behaviour?

If you have installed the News page as a theme into a space, it shouldn't matter what page you set as the space's home page - the theme installs it as the overview page. (although the location of the space home space in your space structure will determine the root of the left hand page navigation for that space)

If you have chosen to display the News link in the Confluence sidebar (the default option), it will display in the sidebar regardless of what your Confluence site home page is.

Would you mind confirming:

1. Have you selected "Add the News link to the Confluence sidebar" in the configuration page? (you need to be an admin of your Confluence site)
  2. In the space or each space that you want to use the News page as the overview page, have you selected under Space Settings > Look & Feel > Themes to use the News for Confluence Cloud theme?
0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2019

@[deleted] just wondering if you are experiencing the same issue as Darryl? See https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-questions/News-add-on-tile-behavior/qaq-p/1009422

This is currently working as intended, but it does mean small images get stretched. If not, please let me know - a screenshot would be great. You are welcome to email me directly on james.dellow@chieftech.com.au if you prefer.

Re: color of the blog title text displayed in the tiles

Unfortunately there is no control over the colour in this version of the add-on, but I will certainly consider it as a future enhancement. The main challenge isn't adding the feature as such, but providing the controls for the people to pick the colours or other display options.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events