I want my developers to view the story map in read-only mode

Jeroen Vis June 25, 2018

Is it possible to let my developers view the story map in read-only mode? Now they also can edit. I can't find any specific user story map permissions.

1 answer

1 vote
Seamus Kieran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2018

Hi Jeroen, thanks for reaching out.

We use Jira project permissions to determine what actions users can perform on the story map. Users require the Edit Issue, Create Issue, Resolve Issue and Board Viewing Permissions to make view and make changes to the story map. To restrict these to view-only, create a new Permissions scheme for the project and restrict the target user's permissions to be exclusively "Board Viewing".

You can read more about permissions on the story map in this Easy Agile knowledge-base article, or learn more about Jira's permissions policies in this Atlassian knowledge-base article.

Thanks Jeroen.

Kind Regards,
Seamus Kieran
Easy Agile Support Team

Jeroen Vis June 26, 2018

Thanks for your answer. In my opinion the story map is something that for example the product owner manages. If I withdraw the create and edit issue permissions for regular developer, then they can't create issues anymore (bugs etc.). That not something I want.

Maybe you can think about a feature for a specific story map permission in the future.

Seamus Kieran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2018

Thanks Jeroen, I completely understand where you're coming from. I have added a story to our backlog to explore how we can best implement specific story-map permissions. Can you please email us at support@easyagile.com so we can notify you when/if we release this feature?

Thanks,
Seamus
Easy Agile Support Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events