I've written my plugin, how do I deploy it

amiddleton June 26, 2014

Hi

Newbie question which I'm sure is very simple. I've installed the atlassian SDK and have built a JIRA plugin which is working in the development environment (i.e. running atlas-debug --product jira).

If I want to now promote this plugin (which says it is a version 2 plugin), is it as simple as moving the jar file which has been built into the 'target' directory of the development environment to somewhere?

I have searched the documentation on the SDK, but it doesn't make this final step very clear, so I thought I'd ask the experts :)

cheers

Andy

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2014

Hi,

Congratulations on the first plugin :)

Yes its as simple as upload the jar file generated in the target folder to your JIRA installation.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Installing+add-ons

Here is the documentation if you are not very familiar with the JIRA administration.

Vijay

0 votes
amiddleton June 26, 2014

Thanks both for the quick response, very helpful. I'm sure I'll be fine now.

Might be worth updating the SDK documentation just to put a link into the above confluence page so you get the full lifecycle information.

Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2014

Can you please mark the question as answered?

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2014

If it is a version 2 plugin, all you need to do is go to the UPM and install it from there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events