I’ve setup a survey, but no issues are being created after submitting a survey response?

andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

I've configured a new survey and embedded it in my site.  The survey shows up correctly, but when I submit the survey, I can't see a corresponding issue in JIRA?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

There could be a number of reasons that this is happening.  

Network

First please ensure that the browser your users are using to submit the survey response can connect to your JIRA instance.  If your JIRA instance is firewalled off or your proxy or firewall are only allowing certain types of requests (e.g. GET) then this could be a problem.

In order to submit the survey, the browser will need to be able to trigger GET, OPTIONS and PUT requests to your JIRA server.  You can view individual the requests (and potential errors) in your browser's developer tools network tab.

JIRA Configuration

Another reason why issues may not be created could be due to how you have configured your JIRA project.  The NPS for JIRA add-on will try to create issues using the reporter you provided in the survey configuration and will set the summary and description fields using the NPS score and message entered by the user.

If the reporter no longer has permission to create issues in this project, issue creation will fail.

If your project contains other required fields (e.g. Priority), then the add-on will attempt to populate them with the field's default value.  If no default value can be found because it hasn't been set, or the field doesn't have a default value, then issue creation will fail and an error will be logged in your JIRA server's log file (search for "CodeBarrel: NPS for JIRA" in the log file)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events