I see no Scriptrunner instructions for Confluence. How do I even implement it?

ElizabethC December 14, 2018

I followed something that had me go {atlass.. and then it would list Atlassian Version and it would update something but no such thing comes up.  The video is from 2016. Is itout of date?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2018

Hi @ElizabethC,

Adaptist has quite a bit of documentation on their products, you can find the index for them here:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/index.html

If you are still having trouble the Community is a good place to start, there are a number of people here with experience in Scriptrunner that can assist with more specific questions.

Hope this helps get you started...

-Scott

Thank you both to your assistance.. I am wondering if not being a full ADMIN is preventing me from seeing these to use when on my personal page.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Carmen Creswell [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2018

Hi Elizabeth! 

Here is a link to the ScriptRunner for Confluence documentation. There are a lot of tutorials and examples on this page, including a quick start guide. 

Thank you! Is it useless to me unless I am an ADMIN on Confluence? I notice I do not see all the options available in some of the Youtube tutorials. I thought I could at least use them on my personal page. 

Bummer that is where I did start and all the stuff the videos show, do not show for me.

I think I have to be an ADMIN. 

Carmen Creswell [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2018

Yeah, ScriptRunner is mainly used for Admins to automate their entire instance. You can talk to your Admin about permissions, but usually they don't give Administrator permissions for ScriptRunner to people who aren't Admins because ScriptRunner has so many Administrator functionalities. If your Admin uses ScriptRunner, you'll use it by default because they have chosen to automate parts of your instance. However, you typically cannot create new ScriptRunner scripts unless you have Administrator permissions. 

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2018

Scriptrunner is very powerful, which means it can enable people to make damaging mistakes.  A lot of the things it can do should only be used by experienced admins who have a good grasp of the coding of Atlassian products.

Historically, it has been kept simple - if it is locked down to administrators only, it stops users making potentially disastrous mistakes.  

But I spent a lot of last week talking to one of the product owners who want to make SR more accessible to non-admins, mostly by delegating access from System admins to others.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events