I'm trying to enable an edit validator, and the documentation is out of date

Eban Tomlinson June 3, 2015

I just installed ScriptRunner, and now I'm trying to enable an Edit Validator as per https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/x/CYAS

Sadly that page hasn't been edited since 2012. As of right now these instructions are nonsensical:

Edit validators are new, and are disabled by default. To enable, go to Admin -> Script Listeners, then click the link to enable them. This will create another admin section "Script Edit Validators".

Adding validators is similar to adding listeners. Either use the "simple scripted validator", which applies a condition on the issue after edit, or write your own script using "Simple scripted validator using a file".

So, I'm looking for how to enable this really cool feature!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eban Tomlinson June 3, 2015

Well crap, not only is that documentation out of date, but what I really needed was the Behaviours plugin, which is ALSO not documented on that site.

Ah well, at least I know what I'm doing now.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2015

Sorry, the documentation for edit validators is way way out of date. It relied on monkey patching JIRA which turned out to be so viable, surprise surprise. I know there is a requirement for them... if only Atlassian made it possible for plugin authors to do something here.

The docn is going to be overhauled in the next few months, so at least I'll remove that.

Eban Tomlinson June 5, 2015

As always Jamie, your work is appreciated and my above comment shouldn't be taken as a slight, more of a 'I hope someone finds this and avoids the mess I ended up in'. If there's any way I can help I'm more than happy to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events