• Community
  • Products
  • Marketplace Apps
  • Questions
  • I have used the Frank Polscheit gantt chart gadget on a dashboard but when I share the dashboard with others it loses the columns and groups that I set up. Can I make the gadget retain the setup like all other dashboard gadgets?

I have used the Frank Polscheit gantt chart gadget on a dashboard but when I share the dashboard with others it loses the columns and groups that I set up. Can I make the gadget retain the setup like all other dashboard gadgets?

Does this gadget behave differently to all others?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Deborah,

the setting are individual per tuple (user & issue selection). But you can configure displayed columns using the project default or global default.

Kind regards,
Frank 

Hi Frank, thank you for the prompt response and solution.  To access these default options I had to upgrade the Gantt chart to V3.1.9 which I did (we were previously on V3.1.5).  Now I have a new problem!

I can go into the Configuration options via Admin, Manage Add-Ons and the new 'Global Defaults' menu item shows so it appears to have installed ok.  However the Gantt chart will no longer display at all for any project or in my dashboard gadget.  It just shows as a blank screen.

Is there any pre-requisite for 3.1.9?  We are on JIRA V6.1.4.

regards

Debbie

Hi Frank, just wondering if you've any ideas re this query as I now have no gantt chart! Is it possible to roll back the 3.1.9 upgrade?

Yes, sure. Just de-install v3.1.9, download any prior version you prefer and install that via "upload" button on JIRA's page "manage add-ons". Afterwards, you have to maintain/enter your add-on license key within UPM again. Independent form that: is this just a gadget topic or do you get this behavior within JIRA project tab panel as well? In that case, please have a view on configured permissions within the project administration on section "Gantt-Chart". Kind regards, Frank

Hi Frank, is this what you want?  The permissions are the same as they were before the upgrade.

image2015-5-6 17:38:11.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

505 views 3 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you