I do not understand the functionality of this plugin ...

Avi Ziv December 15, 2014

I have a field in Project A and Project B.

For Project A: value1, value2, value3

For Project B: value1, value4, value5

Is it possible?

Because testing the plugin, I see definition in Project A affects also Project B  sad

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2014

You can do that without a plugin.  If you define a custom field of a select type, you can give it a different "context" for many projects.  So context 1 would give you value1, value2, value3 and you'd associate it with project A, and have a different context defined for project B

There's a couple of issues with doing that - the options are all separate and unique (in your lists you use value1 twice - you can use the same name in the two contexts, but JIRA has six separate options internally), and there are some issues around multiple contexts if you have fields that vary by project and issue type.

0 votes
Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2014

The plugin Project Specific Select Field which is mentioned as a tag is only needed, if you want to provide project admins to be able to manage option values of these fields on their own. In standard JIRA the jira admin has to do this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events