I am facing issue in punching hours in Jira.

I am facing issue in punching hours. For example if I punch in hours for 11/20/2017, it gets logged in for 11/19/2017. Also in my time sheet I see two columns for same date 11/5/2017. Please help.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Brian Cohen Atlassian Team Nov 20, 2017

Hi Mandeep,

Do you happen to be in a different timezone than where the Jira server is located? It may be that the server timezone is in 11/19 while you are in 11/20.

What are you using for the time sheets? It would be helpful to the community to know what tool is providing the time sheets, such as Tempo Timesheets or something else.

Best regards,
Brian

Jira is installed on in house server and it is in San Fransisco. I live in India. This problem started ocuuring few days ago and it never happened earlier. Time Zone settings are not changed.

I am using Time PO User Timesheet Report in Jira.

Thanks for replying back.

Please reply back. I need help

Brian Cohen Atlassian Team Nov 22, 2017

Hi Mandeep,

I'm not familiar enough with the Time PO plugin to know where the problem may be coming from.

The Time PO plugin has been discontinued by the developer and has not been updated in a while now.

Were there any changes made to Jira around the time when the problems started? Such as an update to Jira?

Are other users having the same problems?
If some, but not all, users are having the same problems, is there something in common with the users that do and do not have the problem?

What version of Jira is the server running?

Best regards,
Brian 

All users in my team are facing the same issue.

Version is 

• (v6.4.2#64017-sha1:e244265) 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 25, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Cloud and Bitbucket Cloud Integration with Microsoft Teams

One of the newest products in the Microsoft family - Microsoft Teams,  is a chat-based hub for teamwork that integrates all the people, content, and tools your team needs to be more engaged and ...

733 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you