Howto set multiple scripted fields with single script during issue - view

Deleted user August 15, 2017

I’ve created a single script to calculate some time-to-SLA parameters ( - time to resolve, time to respond, Time to fix&Patch - ).  Goal is to display accurate time-to-SLA values based on current date-time.

Currently for each SLA parameter a  (script runner) scripted field has been created and linked with the script. As I’m already displaying 4 time-to-SLA parameters ( - and hence 4 scripted fields are linking to same script - ) I was wondering what’s the (best) approach to set multiple fields in single script ( - when ticket is viewed - )

I’ve been playing with a Script Runner Listener which I can use to set value of multiple fields in single script but data is not accurate as listener is only triggered during Issue Create, Issue Update, .. events.  The time-to-sla parameters should be (re)calculated and set each time ticket is displayed. Tx!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017

Hi Christof,

I think I understand what you're trying to do. However, I am slightly confused. When you say each SLA parameter scripted field is "linked" to the single script that does the calculation, what is meant by this? How are they linked?

The core advantage of using script fields is that you can just place the script inside them to return a value, without using an outside method to set them (like a listener).

Why not just split up the single script into four different scripts, and place that code into their respective script fields?

For example:

Time to Resolve field

//place code in script field that does the Resolve calculation
//return the value

Time to Respond field

//place code in script field that does the Respond calculation
//return the value

And so on.

Yes, you'll have code repetition. But, you'll solve the problem of having outdated values. Script Fields will automatically recalculate their value whenever the issue is loaded.

Christof Cuypers August 20, 2017

Tx for your feedback! Correct – this is how I’ve got it implemented at the moment. 5 scripted fields have been created and each of them linked to their own script. Unfortunately there is a lot of code repetition and hence my question if there is a way to tweak this.

The reason to optimize this is twofold;

• Because there is a lot of code repetition I have to maintain ‘same’ source-code multiple time. If I want to add minor changes or fix a bug, I have to update 5 different scripts.
  • Performance issue – now the script is executed 5 times ( - 1 time per scripted field - ) and as we’re already facing some performance issues with our Jira instance it would be great if I can reduce this.  

Is there any possibility to set multiple scripted fields via 1 single field ( - or this doesn’t exist yet - ) ?        

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events