How to upgrade JIRA Misc Custom Fields

Fabiano Nascimento Leite August 5, 2013

Hello,

to upgrade the version of JIRA Misc Custom Fields plugin, how should I proceed?

I believe it is to uninstall the old version and add the new version, this procedure is correct?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2013

The easiest is to use the Manage Add-ons page directly within JIRA. It will offer to upgrade plugins for which a new version is available. No need to uninstall, unless you were using a version you've installed manually and not through the Find new add-on page.

Fabiano Nascimento Leite August 6, 2013

David, thanks for the reply.

Forgot to mention that the JIRA server does not have internet access.

So I wonder if uninstalling the plugin and install the new version, it can be considered a solution to this or if I have problems?

PS: PS: The version 1.5.2 was installed by Manage Addons. I want to change the version 1.5.2 to 1.5.5. Jira is in the production environment.

Thank you.

Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2013

I see no reason you couldn't download the updated plugin, and upload it using the Manage Add-ons page, since this would pretty much be the same as what David suggested.

Thanks Phillip,

I understood the suggestion of David and I believe this solves my problem, but the server does not have access to the marketplace, see the message:

"The Atlassian Marketplace server is not reachable. To avoid problems when loading this page, you can disable the connection to the Marketplace server."

So I need another solution, then I believe that uninstalling the plugin and installing the new version I do not have problems. I need to confirm this.

Thank you.

Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2013
  1. What I'm saying is goto the following website:
    https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmcf.jira-misc-custom-fields
  2. Download the plugin jar file.
  3. Goto your Manage Add-ons page.
  4. Click upload plugin and select the plugin jar file you downloaded in step 2.

Following this procedure is pretty much no different from what David was suggesting. The only difference is you're downloading the plugin and uploading it yourself to your JIRA instance rather than have JIRA do it.

Perfect Phillip, thank you.

Following his step-by-step worked perfectly.

I thought about installing directly as suggested, but I would have problems. Thought there might be conflicts installing the "second" plugin (with plugin 1.5.2 and 1.5.5 plugin installed).

Thanks for the help.

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2013

I concur. You do not need to uninstall before manually uploading a new version of the plugin - even if you had previously installed a SNAPSHOT version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events