How to share a tempo report?

Pierre Caron November 23, 2018

I try to build and share a Tempo report to my teammates... Is it possible?

4 answers

24 votes
Marek Dziedzic July 5, 2019

It is ridiculous that you cannot share reports... can you guys fix this? Our work around is to manually export the results and use Google Sheets which is annoyingly manual.

Olivier Durand July 15, 2019

I agree, this should be a defacto feature

Like # people like this
Leandro Azevedo March 2, 2020

Implement it!!

Niklaus Hählen January 13, 2021

+1 !!!

Cheers

Like Leandro Azevedo likes this
Tanja Berner March 17, 2021

+ 1

sangmo.han@aia.com August 18, 2021

+1

Ramiro Justet September 24, 2021

+1

Merete Aarøy January 3, 2022

+1

Alejandra Martin January 11, 2022

+1

Chris CHAULVET January 13, 2022

Hello Guys, we are about to develop a tools for this ASAP. Can you like my message if you are interested? Thanks!

Like # people like this
Jenny Severin January 27, 2022

@Chris CHAULVET  Do you work for Tempo?  Will this tool work with the Cloud?

Chris CHAULVET January 28, 2022

@Jenny Severin Nope, but I wanted to create a tools from the API by example to get that kind of feature.

Like # people like this
3 votes
Guy Anela February 21, 2020

I was able to workaround this by giving my colleagues a slightly modified version of the Saved Tempo Report URL. For example...

Original URL for the Saved Report:

https://yourjiraserver.moc/secure/Tempo.jspa#/reports/logged-time/811cf0b8-7aba-43c6-bdee-b25753df63bfgt?columns=WORKED_COLUMN&dateDisplayType=days&from=2020-01-01&groupBy=issue&groupBy=worker&groupBy=worklog&periodType=CURRENT_QUARTER&subPeriodType=MONTH&viewType=TIMESHEET

This is the shared URL that works for other users:

https://yourjiraserver.moc/secure/Tempo.jspa#/reports/logged-time?columns=WORKED_COLUMN&dateDisplayType=days&from=2020-01-01&groupBy=issue&groupBy=worker&groupBy=worklog&periodType=CURRENT_QUARTER&subPeriodType=MONTH&viewType=TIMESHEET

Notice I remove the portion containing /811cf0b8-7aba-43c6-bdee-b25753df63bfgt. Having said that though, it looks like this simply allows the user to see a "New Report" with the same configuration as the original one. ...at which point they can then "Save" as their own report. Not really a true "share" but it's at least something. :)

Daniel Kirst February 21, 2020

We have been doing this as well, as it is the only way to "share" reports. I hope this isn't something that they will change, so that it no longer works. Maybe they will eventually provide the ability to properly share reports, you'd think it would be a common feature request. I wonder if the Tempo Teams read these posts :-)

Like # people like this
2 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

Hi everyone-

Tempo has released the ability to share saved reports with other Tempo users in Tempo Timesheets and Planner Cloud. You can share Logged Time and Planned Time reports (all permissions are respected).

See more: https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-timesheets/generating-reports/saving-and-editing-reports/sharing-reports.html

Carolyn

Tempo Customer Success 

Jenny Severin January 28, 2022

@carolyn french Thank you for your response.  However, this does not meet my needs for sharing reports.  In my use case, I need to be able to put a link and/or URL to the report on a project summary page in Confluence so that those that have Tempo access can easily click on the link to get an update on the project at anytime. Is this something that Tempo is working on for a future release? 

I have found this workaround, but I would like to see a simpler way for our Project Manager's to share the tempo reports.

https://eekayonline.medium.com/how-to-share-your-jira-tempo-report-templates-3a7ad2806d7b

Like carolyn french likes this
Sandstorm Media GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2022

Hey @Jenny Severin

we developed an app for way advanced reports in Jira including Tempo: Exply for Jira

This will also allow you to share created reports (or dashboards as we call them) the way you would like to.

You could also embed them via iframe in Confluence and only people with access rights can see the analytics.

Let me know if I can help you any further :)

Fabian from Exply

Like carolyn french likes this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2022

@Jenny Severin - I'll share your needs around sharing reports with our Product team. Thanks for posting and have a great day,

Carolyn

Like Jenny Severin likes this
Blanka Meinhardt February 11, 2022

@carolyn french : Hi Carolin, is this planned to be released for server versions as well?

Like Frank Schimmel likes this
Erik Nygren October 10, 2022

Hi Carolyn, I have an onpremise Jira with Tempo and I have update to version 15.11.1. No share button is showing upp. What is wrong?

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2022

@Erik Nygren - On premise doesn't have this feature, only Tempo Cloud. 
@Blanka Meinhardt I don't have any news, sorry.

Like Blanka Meinhardt likes this
2 votes
Jenny Roller March 26, 2019

Hi, I have the same problem, as I would like to share custom reports created with tempo. Can someone assist?

Shona April 3, 2019

The workaround I use for this situation is to just send the URL to teammates.

Like Jan likes this
Igors_Veliks June 5, 2019

For some reasons URL does not work: it opens empty window unless it's your own saved report

Teresa Gallagher June 6, 2019

Same  mine come up blank too. 

Tori Brooks June 18, 2019

Me too, can this be fixed?

Daniel Kirst July 2, 2019

Same here, any idea how this might be possible?

Daniel Kirst July 4, 2019

Sending the URL to teammates seems to be a workaround (if it doesn't maybe they lack the permissions to view the worklogs) however it would be much easier if you could define "global"reports instead of sending URLs to people.

Shona July 4, 2019

This workaround stopped working about 2 months ago when an update apparently happened.  Haven't been able to figure out another workaround since then.

Daniel Kirst July 4, 2019

Strange, it still works for me and my colleague still, but we use JIRA Server, so maybe we have a slightly oder version, even though we do use the most up to date Tempo version. We do both have admin permissions, so I wonder of if that has anything to do with it.

It seems very strange to me that it's not possible to share the custom reports as it does not make any sense for every user to create their own reports?!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events