How to set values to Asignee (by role) field with a post function

vedran September 13, 2016

Hi, is it possible to set values to assignees by roles field using a post function (or using a custom scripted expression)? When selecting "update custom issue field" post function and selecting the field in question, it's possible to set values to the "whole field", whereas I would need to set one value for each defined role (see screenshot).

Please advise about a possible solution!

Thanks,

Vedran

image2016-9-14 11:46:38.png

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2016

Hi Vedran,

The add-on has a post-function (see the first screenshot) which will assign the issue to the user specified for that role from before (probably during planning). This is the most efficient way you can use this custom field to save your time and effort. You can decide and assign users to different roles during planning/creating tasks and using this function, the users from the role chosen in the function for a particular transition, will be automatically assigned to that task.

As far as setting up the value for each role, we can possibly look into having a better way to do it in the future. For now, as a workaround, you can set value in the following way (see the second screenshot) :

role id ### user key (for example : 10001###abhinav.ojha).

This will set the user with the given user key, to the role with given role id.

The downside of this is that, to add user for another role, you will have to add a separate post of function for the other role and so on.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Abhinav.image2016-9-14 16:44:9.png

image2016-9-14 16:45:50.png

0 votes
Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2016

Hi Vedran,

We would like you to know that we have released a new version of plugin:  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1213605

From this version on, you will be able to assign default users for roles, who will appear during Creating an Issue.

This will be on Project level. So, when you go on to "Time Tracking" page in Project Administration (This page is the one where you set a Role Based Scheme for the Project), you will find a new column in the schemes table.

You can add a user there for each roles and those users will appear as default ones on the Create Issue Screen.

Let us know if this works for you or if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

vedran September 18, 2016

Thank you very much, you've been most helpful smile

0 votes
vedran September 14, 2016

Hi Abhinav,

Thank you for the quick response, I will try the workaround. May I suggest adding a post function which would enable setting the assignee for each role to a defined value as a future change request? Specifically, for my case I want to set a "default" assignee for each role on issue creation.

Thanks,

Vedran

Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2016

Hi Vedran,

if you are looking for setting up a default assignee on issue creation, then you won't have to wait for long. We are working on exactly such feature, where you can set up default users for each roles, which will appear during the issue creation. We will be releasing this feature very soon. We will update you here, as soon as we release it.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events