How to set username to a user picker cf?

Jeffrey Melies January 15, 2018

I'm new to groovy and to the Script Runner. 

We are using Script Runner 5.2.1 and JIRA Server 7.5.1

In a post function I'm trying to populate 2 User Picker cf's with the component lead and component watchers.  I have figured out how to query the db and return both userID for the lead and watcher, now I need to populate them in the user picker fields and for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is what I have so far.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue

//Just for testing the script I'm pulling in a specific issue, when I add this as a post function, I'll modify this line by adding issue
MutableIssue issue = "cc-9396"

MutableIssue SubjectIssue = issue
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
def validateUserCN = SubjectIssue.getCustomFieldValue(customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Business Reviewer"))

SubjectIssue.setCustomFieldValue(validateUserCN, "t16384");

2 answers

0 votes
David Klemme May 24, 2018

Don't have the methods handy, but if you're still looking. you dont need the db for this, component lead and watchers you can grab from the api - they will also return ApplicationUser objects.

To set the field value, you'll need to actually update the field. Top of my head, i think it was something like ModifiedFieldValue...

Maybe that gets you looking in the right direction (if you're still looking ;)  )

Cheers

D

0 votes
Jeffrey Melies January 15, 2018

Can anyone help answer this, I would think it's pretty straight forward.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events