How to set recently updated user from multiple user picker to Assignee field?

Teja January 8, 2018

Hi,

I have a 'Testers' CF of multiple user picker and I am trying to copy 'Testers' custom field value to Assignee field through transition post-function. 

when I update new user to Testers list, list getting sorted and its appending first name of the list to the Assignee field but what I really want to set recent user to the assignee not the first name of the list.

Can any one help me please by using any groovy scripts.

1 answer

0 votes
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2018

Maybe I'm missing something but what happens if two users are selected in the 'Testers' custom field? Which user should become the assignee?

Teja January 9, 2018

Hi Adam,

Example: first I will add 'Frank' to Testers cf and later I can add 'Teju' to the Testers list and now the Teju is the recent user for that list.

I want to set Teju to Assignee field. But the post-function is setting Frank to Assignee field.

We are using this post-function Copy value from field to field (JMWE add-on) . Source to Destination.

adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

This isn't really simple to do because the list in the multi-user picker isn't ordered.

The best you could do is take a diff of the old value and the new value and work out which one was added recently. Still not a great solution.

Is there a particular problem your trying to solve, perhaps there is a better way we can do this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events