How to set assignee from custom field

Topher May 1, 2014

I am using the User Group Picker and JJUPIN plugins to limit the assignee field to a specific group based on the status of an issue. I set up a custom field that gets a filtered group of users to select from. I then proceed to set the assignee field to my custom field in the workflow, but the assignee value is not correct. Examples I have seen show that all you need is assignee = customfield_xxxxx, but instead of the full name of the user being set in the assignee field it instead sets the assignee as username(username). So if I normally assign an issue to John Doe with username John_D then John Doe would appear in the assignee field with his details when I hover over his name. Instead I am getting John_D(john_d) and it is not recognizing the assignee as a valid user. How do I set the assignee from my custom field so that it is set to a valid user?

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2014

You have to select a proper SIL custom field descriptor for the SIL user picker field from Add-ons -> Custom Field Descriptors section.

So, for com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.usergrouppicker-pro:siluserpicker select the User -> string descriptor. This should solve the problem.

Topher May 4, 2014

Perfect! Works like a charm! Thanks for the quick responses.

0 votes
Vladimir Sagan October 23, 2015

Dear Christopher I am trying to configure the same behavior in my jira - could you share your jjupin script for me to use as example? Would be much obliged Thank you

0 votes
Topher May 4, 2014

The custom field I created is a SIL User Picker.

0 votes
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2014

What type is the custom field used for setting assignee? Is it a user group picker or a SIL user picker?

0 votes
Topher May 4, 2014

Hi Alexandru,

I am running JIRA 6.0.7 with JJupin 2.6.8, User Group Picker 2.6.3 and User Group Picker PRO 1.6.4.

0 votes
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2014

Hi Christopher,

What Jira version are you using and what plugins versions?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events